PALEO AND LOW CARB LIFESTYLE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.

+5
hamburger
xtrocious
dowz
chickenbackside
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.

Post  xtrocious Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:16 am

We made a huge pot of oxtail stew over the weekend Laughing

Just polished off the oxtail yesterday and threw in a batch of beef chunks into remaining gravy (butter nut squash, onions, carrots and mushrooms) for dinner later...yummy

xtrocious

Back to top Go down

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.

Post  Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 am

xtrocious wrote:We made a huge pot of oxtail stew over the weekend Laughing

Just polished off the oxtail yesterday and threw in a batch of beef chunks into remaining gravy (butter nut squash, onions, carrots and mushrooms) for dinner later...yummy

I'm doing roast pork later, after gym. Damn tired now, last night went off to Challenger round 11pm, came back past midnight.
Not enough sleep, and overtrained, bad combination, so dizzy a bit today, doing a light session before going home. Sleep Sleep

Admin
Admin

https://paleolifestyle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LookingBusy Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Yum yum i love these pork bellies

My norm method will be marinate them with pepper and basil herbs, leave it in the oven to cook and devour them after 90 mins. Good stuff, but these meats certainly ain't cheap though

LookingBusy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:51 am

Fresh, you want seafood, look, there's a few listed.
Guys, seafood wise, I normally will cook Assum Pedas, using batang, pomfret, stingray or sabam fish.
no veggie added of course in my case, spices as usual, you make your own rampa,
fry with palm oil, throw in a few bits of deep fried pork lard when about ready.
Simmer and serve. YUMMY! (I like to fry deep fry my pomfret first. WAH!!

I copy and paste, you guys can modify to suit your needs. Assam has some form of carbs, I'm not VERY strict on this,
when it comes to this dish and Ayam Buah Keluak.

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Asam+pedas+ayam2

Ingredients
Mackerel (about 8 inches size) - 8 pieces
Tamarind pulp - 100 grams
Lemon grass (chopped) -2 stalks
Red chilies (sliced to half) - 2 pieces
pepper mint leaves - 10 pieces
Water - 1 liter
Spicy paste
Red chilies - 2 pieces
small onions - 10 pieces
Prawn paste (belachan, toasted) - 2 teaspoons
Method
Squeeze tamarind pulp in 1 liter of water to extract the juice then keep the liquid only.
Add lemon grass, finely ground spicy paste, tamarind juice and bring to boil.
Turn to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes then add fish and red chilies and continue to cook for another 5 more minutes. Add salt and sugar to taste and you can add more chilies if you prefer to be more spicy.
Garnish dish with pepper mint leaves and serve.
Note: Mackerel can be substituted by other sea fish.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:40 pm

sorry boss... sugar??

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:03 am

Fresh wrote:sorry boss... sugar??

Got Sugar meh? Where, where? Mad Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:22 am

Admin wrote:

eh heh boss play cheat... kekeke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:28 am

Fresh wrote:
Admin wrote:

eh heh boss play cheat... kekeke

Where got???!!! Razz Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:Fresh, you want seafood, look, there's a few listed.
Guys, seafood wise, I normally will cook Assum Pedas, using batang, pomfret, stingray or sabam fish.
no veggie added of course in my case, spices as usual, you make your own rampa,
fry with palm oil, throw in a few bits of deep fried pork lard when about ready.
Simmer and serve. YUMMY! (I like to fry deep fry my pomfret first. WAH!!

I copy and paste, you guys can modify to suit your needs. Assam has some form of carbs, I'm not VERY strict on this,
when it comes to this dish and Ayam Buah Keluak.

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Asam+pedas+ayam2

Ingredients
Mackerel (about 8 inches size) - 8 pieces
Tamarind pulp - 100 grams
Lemon grass (chopped) -2 stalks
Red chilies (sliced to half) - 2 pieces
pepper mint leaves - 10 pieces
Water - 1 liter
Spicy paste
Red chilies - 2 pieces
small onions - 10 pieces
Prawn paste (belachan, toasted) - 2 teaspoons
Method
Squeeze tamarind pulp in 1 liter of water to extract the juice then keep the liquid only.
Add lemon grass, finely ground spicy paste, tamarind juice and bring to boil.
Turn to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes then add fish and red chilies and continue to cook for another 5 more minutes. Add salt and sugar to taste and you can add more chilies if you prefer to be more spicy.
Garnish dish with pepper mint leaves and serve.
Note: Mackerel can be substituted by other sea fish.

boss, can this recipe be used for Fish Head Curry (FHC)? this weekend my tribe requested Fish Head Curry after having my beef curry ... hehe

but I think they like the soupy yellow/orange FHC better than this drier red kind? seems to be the assam is the key and I can customize the recipe? found some interesting ones on the web...

Kari Kepala Ikan masin - Salted Fish Head Curry Recipe comes from Sabah, it is an interesting variation from the better known fish head curry or kari kepala ikan.

The use of yoghurt and low fat milk in this recipe makes it healthier than using coconut cream. You may use any kind of salted fish head in this recipe but the most commonly available is red snapper. As with all curry, after a day cooking it and reheating several times, the flavor will infuse further and improve the taste. It is also very common to find the fish head curry being prepared in a claypot. Claypots supposedly make the curry taste so much nicer. It is an above average expensive dish. Not unusual for you to have to fork out over RM 25.00 (US$6.50) for only a bowl of this special curry.

Ingredients:

2 tbs oil
2 onions, chopped
4 shallots, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 tbs fish curry powder
200ml fish stock (prepared from seasoning powder)
1.5 kg salted fish head (cut into two, wash and rinse well)
1 liter low FULL fat milk
300g orange and apricot yoghurt
3 eggplants, quartered
3 tbs tamarind paste (mix 1 tbs tamarind pulp with 3 tbs of water)
Garnish:

2 red chillies, chopped
3 bunches coriander leaves, chopped
Method:

Heat oil in a wok over medium fire.
Stir fry garlic, onion and shallots until fragrant, about three minutes.
Add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek and black pepper. Mix well for 1 minute.
Add fish curry powder and fry for another one minute.
Pour in fish stock, stirring all the while.
Add salted fish head, milk and yoghurt. Allow to simmer over slow fire fore 5 minutes.
Add eggplant and cook another 5 minutes.
Allow the gravy to reduce before adding tamarind paste.
Mix well and bring to a boil.
Serve hot, garnished with chilies and coriander leaves.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Fresh, I never use milk, not advise milk when on this lifestyle.
You now cutting, take diary, won't drop weight. Evil or Very Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 2:16 pm

ah ok, I don't take milk. so I can replace it with coconut cream/milk... no problem...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Fresh wrote:ah ok, I don't take milk. so I can replace it with coconut cream/milk... no problem...

Yeah, basket, cut and paste, remove Mah, if not next time one see, ask " Boss, milk?" Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Empty Nasi Padang anyone?

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2011 1:56 am

Who says you can't enjoy your foods, eating Paleo. See below, Nasi Padang.
Mutton Rendang, spicy ground beef, O-Luat (eggs and oysters) Curry chicken, sambal sotong......
pictures of my meals to give you people ideas on what to cook.
Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Photo111
Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Photo11

Those interested in knowing how to cook certain dishes, please ask.
The trouble you go thru using a mortor and pastel cannot describe the
difference in taste from that coming form a electric blender. cheers

Maybe I'm too traditional. Embarassed

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  king Thu May 12, 2011 3:24 am

admin,
soon u conduct class for us to learn how to cook paleo sg style
of course we pay money lol!

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2011 6:27 am

king wrote:admin,
soon u conduct class for us to learn how to cook paleo sg style
of course we pay money lol!

Mai lah, wah kahsi boh eng lah. Weekend I have to cook my own meals
for the following week mah. Online teach free wor, not everyone like you hor,
willing to pay for lessons one wor. You know lor, misty Singapore lang, all want free one,
free fuck also want. Kekekekekeke..... lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 am

Steam...

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2011 1:46 pm

chickenbackside wrote:Steam...

Chek Mai? cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Who don't want?

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2011 10:12 pm

chickenbackside wrote:Who don't want?

Tell me when. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hamburger Fri May 13, 2011 1:46 am

me too leh....but i eat very little cat

hamburger

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 am

hamburger wrote:me too leh....but i eat very little cat

I got invite you meh? Mad NO DURIAN WOR. cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hamburger Fri May 13, 2011 4:58 am

durian season over for me liao.....back to basic Wink

hamburger

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 13, 2011 5:33 am

hamburger wrote:durian season over for me liao.....back to basic Wink

Cook your own lor....and I like to remain a "Mystery" also. Twisted Evil

Wait whole forum come my house makan, I bankrupt liow.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 am

when when? name time name place! wahaha

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 am

gz0707 wrote:when when? name time name place! wahaha

Taman Jurong Hawker Center............TOILET. lol! lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2011 4:34 am

Paleo Fried Rice.

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Rice10

Cauliflower
Eggs
Sambal Chili
Onions chopped
Garlic chopped.
Ground pork
Fried pork belly slices (Pre fried and cut into small slices)
Scallops
Prawns or Sotong optional.

Fry onions, garlic and ground pork,(in pork belly oil) then add in eggs, when done, use spatula to cut up,
chopped cauliflower, sambal chili and fry, throwing in scollop's and prawns etc at the end, till cooked.

Simple and easy dish to do, sort of a all in one. I'd add in deep fried pork lard, but I didn't have the time to
do pork lard yesterday. Sliced chili would be nice too, minus the sambal if not available.

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 16, 2011 8:15 am

Towkay, have kway chap recipe or not...? suddenly have craving for it... Wink

edit: wow, I think it's going to be tough doing the kway... paleo-non-rice kway... so far I'm considering almond flour mix with arrowroot. maybe I should try making some paleo chee cheong fun first... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Fresh wrote:Towkay, have kway chap recipe or not...? suddenly have craving for it... Wink

edit: wow, I think it's going to be tough doing the kway... paleo-non-rice kway... so far I'm considering almond flour mix with arrowroot. maybe I should try making some paleo chee cheong fun first... Razz

Somewhere along, you got fucking seriously lost. "Kuay Chap!?" hellooooo....soya sauce = your fucking jigglie boobs??

Call me anal, I'm sticking to my meals like a hawk. What goes into cooking, counts. You wanna do all that, please, we got guys here who will be wondering otherwise, then some, that this IS alright. NO!
I dropped off the trail few times, getting back on was a real fucking pain in the ass and head. (re ketosis plus my training suffered.) information offered here has to be right, Fresh, the signal, clear as a bell also.

You got a craving, kill it, go makan, then ome back again, lots of times, once you feed your craving, err...it'll be the end of your vow, and bad to old habits.

Like I told you, it's your life, I help as much as I can, so do the others, and that is as much as we all can do.
Btw, you lazy fucker, I see you've been slacking at your gym. Yeah...that's why dare not train with me. Twisted Evil

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Mon May 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Admin wrote:

Tell me when. Very Happy
Still thinking about your coffee. We find one day after I come back from LA lah...

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

chickenbackside wrote:
Admin wrote:

Tell me when. Very Happy
Still thinking about your coffee. We find one day after I come back from LA lah...

Onz!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 2:14 am

Admin wrote:
Fresh wrote:Towkay, have kway chap recipe or not...? suddenly have craving for it... Wink

Somewhere along, you got fucking seriously lost. "Kuay Chap!?" hellooooo....soya sauce = your fucking jigglie boobs??

Call me anal, I'm sticking to my meals like a hawk. What goes into cooking, counts. You wanna do all that, please, we got guys here who will be wondering otherwise, then some, that this IS alright. NO!
I dropped off the trail few times, getting back on was a real fucking pain in the ass and head. (re ketosis plus my training suffered.) information offered here has to be right, Fresh, the signal, clear as a bell also.

You got a craving, kill it, go makan, then ome back again, lots of times, once you feed your craving, err...it'll be the end of your vow, and bad to old habits.

Like I told you, it's your life, I help as much as I can, so do the others, and that is as much as we all can do.
Btw, you lazy fucker, I see you've been slacking at your gym. Yeah...that's why dare not train with me. Twisted Evil

heheh... I will find a way to not use soya sauce.... Razz I WILL make paleo (if not kway) then chap only... hahaha.... Laughing when I succeed I will dabao for you...

towkay, my knee until now still no improvement. I can't even do 3 squats. but I'm doing more pushups now, and other stuff...more easily somemore, so quite happy. will up the level soon... Smile

train with you in the gym ah... can no problem. once in a while need to top up on inspiration...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 am

Fresh wrote:

heheh... I will find a way to not use soya sauce.... Razz I WILL make paleo (if not kway) then chap only... hahaha.... Laughing when I succeed I will dabao for you...

towkay, my knee until now still no improvement. I can't even do 3 squats. but I'm doing more pushups now, and other stuff...more easily somemore, so quite happy. will up the level soon... Smile

train with you in the gym ah... can no problem. once in a while need to top up on inspiration...

Eyh, I got one idea on the chap, use squid ink, yes, squid ink, add salt, tadah! "soya sauce"no soya.

Knee, could be filled with fluid, doc say what? Inflammation, took any anti-inflammatory?
I changed my workout, now...err...well....worse. Razz

Inspiration no have, perspiration sure have! cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Tue May 17, 2011 8:46 am

Take more O3 fats to help with inflammation. Salmon, tuna, sardines...

Avoid overloading yourself with more O6, like seeds and nuts and chicken.

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 12:03 pm

i think I damaged the front ligament (most likely)? i think from kneeling on it... doctor just game me an appointment at SGH orthopaedics in June...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Fresh wrote:i think I damaged the front ligament (most likely)? i think from kneeling on it... doctor just game me an appointment at SGH orthopaedics in June...

Wah Lau! Wife so terok, everyday make you kneel on the floor to wipe the floor.
Knn, and I THOUGHT I was being abused...... No

The women folks have AWARE, we men? BEWARE?? Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  king Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 pm

drink everything without sugar

pure black coffee, is a matter of getting use

TEa kosong! TEA Bin kosong....HA pig

i drinka t least 3-4 cup a day

like yesterday i fasted all the way until 10pm then eat!

chickenbackside wrote:
Admin wrote:

Tell me when. Very Happy

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Admin wrote:
Fresh wrote:i think I damaged the front ligament (most likely)? i think from kneeling on it... doctor just game me an appointment at SGH orthopaedics in June...

wah... didn't know we are kindred spirits. united in adversity... Laughing Laughing Laughing you sibeh gao bedeh.... Laughing Laughing

I just took the rest of the "striploin" of unknown origin to make my Famoose Free~~~ Style~~~ Beefu~~~ Stew~~~ (pls read with particular emphasis like in Japanese)

leeks, spring onions, ginger, tomatoes, mushrooms, red dates, goujizhi, carrots, onions, shallots, salt, a bit of red chilli...

simmering as I type.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Fresh wrote:
Admin wrote:

wah... didn't know we are kindred spirits. united in adversity... Laughing Laughing Laughing you sibeh gao bedeh.... Laughing Laughing

I just took the rest of the "striploin" of unknown origin to make my Famoose Free~~~ Style~~~ Beefu~~~ Stew~~~ (pls read with particular emphasis like in Japanese)

leeks, spring onions, ginger, tomatoes, mushrooms, red dates, goujizhi, carrots, onions, shallots, salt, a bit of red chilli...

simmering as I type.

Carrot, red dates, tomatoes, leeks, goujizhi???? What a Face

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm

for flavor flavor....

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 2:00 am

Fresh wrote:for flavor flavor....

Err....I don't know about you, but I personally and I believe SOME of us here don't touch the stuff above leh. Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 2:39 am

Have been under the weather lately, donno, some sort of shit flu, sore throat, not that bad, took roast pork
last night and coughed like hell. Anyway, I'm going to attempt deep fried chicken wings this weekend, if I can
garner the time and energy to do it. Will post pictures and recipe when done.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 am

Better tell the wife to temporarily stop abusing you!

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 am

chickenbackside wrote:Better tell the wife to temporarily stop abusing you!

Everyday also kana, last life otang one. Laughing lol! Just sore throat and slight body ache, nothing
more rest, Vit.C, can't take care off. Coconut water also!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 am

Admin wrote:

Everyday also kana, last life otang one. Laughing lol! Just sore throat and slight body ache, nothing

it seems to be you enjoy it, more than anything else... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 am

Fresh wrote:
Admin wrote:

it seems to be you enjoy it, more than anything else... Laughing

Kns, not like I have a choice do I? You don't talk so much cock, you also same same. Wife don't cook, you cook,
you not yet kana like me so terok YET. Mine is a FOOD/COFFEE Critic! Tam Poh sure say one, no pan chan, my coffee beans not roasted to proper flavor, and yes, I DO MAKE MISTAKES, like surfing PALEO DIET FORUM *hint, hint* while roasting, and miss the timing to change temperature. TIO LIOW LOR! tongue tongue

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 12:20 pm

HAHAHAHA... that was really funny... you poor thing la deh.... Laughing you know your missus reaally appreciates you deep down inside, no need us to say lah... you kns just want to complain for fun one.... cheh! hahahahaha..... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Fresh wrote:HAHAHAHA... that was really funny... you poor thing la deh.... Laughing you know your missus reaally appreciates you deep down inside, no need us to say lah... you kns just want to complain for fun one.... cheh! hahahahaha..... Laughing

Nothing to complain... Honest mistake, let's move on, a once in 50 years occurrence, honestly...
I donno what to say!! lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 1:51 pm

oh, the unknown beef striploin... after hours n hours of thermos pot cooking, still tough... avoid. stew flavor on the other hand is superb.... next time need to buy brisket and fattier beef parts.,.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Fresh wrote:oh, the unknown beef striploin... after hours n hours of thermos pot cooking, still tough... avoid. stew flavor on the other hand is superb.... next time need to buy brisket and fattier beef parts.,.

Donno which part, next time buy what I buy. I never ever had any such problems with what I bought.
CBS buys from them as well. I still feel....PUT ON YOUR FUCKING DENTURES! Fuck sake, without, everything is tough, even fish balls!

lol! lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 12:01 am

yes... this sat must buy the branded one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20, 2011 2:15 am

Fresh wrote:yes... this sat must buy the branded one.

Got Kate Spade and Chanel, which one? You look cute in Kate Spade. lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 5:02 am

eeeeee..... you closet gay.... Suspect affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 am

Fresh wrote:eeeeee..... you closet gay.... Suspect affraid
Knn, closet to small for me, remember? Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 am

Admin wrote:1 Slab Pork Belly (1kg)
2 teaspoon five spice powder.
2 teaspoon sea salt (crushed)
2 teaspoon black or white pepper. (which ever your preference)
3 tablespoons rice vinegar.

1. Mix Five spice, salt, pepper together into a dish.
2. Blench pork belly skin with hot water.
3. Using a very sharp knife, cut vertical lines, 2-3cm apart on pork skin, but not into meat.
4. Using kitchen towel, pat dry pork belly.
5. Rub mix (1.) into MEAT side of pork belly, not on SKIN side.
6. Brush on rice vinegar on skin side of pork belly, then brush on salt.
7. Leave in fridge, chiller, open for skin to dry in fridge. Leave overnight.
8. Remove from fridge, pat down skin side of pork belly to ensure it is dry.
9. Pre-heat oven to 200C for 15mins.
10. Add pork belly in, skin facing up.
11. Turn up oven to 245C for 40mins.
12. Up temperature to 250C for 20mins.
13. Skin will brown and is crispy.
14. Remove and let meat rest for 10mins before slicing.
15. Slice from the meat side to avoid breaking the skin off.
16. Serve with sambal balachan.

Picture of my Roast Pork, just done today. Very Happy
Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Photo_11
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I bought a slab last week. will make it this few days (maybe start tonight)...... also going to make Moroccan Lamb casserole this weekend... pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 12:58 am

alright! the sio ba was marinated last night! don't know if I overdid it tho... virgin sio ba for me

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 2:32 pm

MO, it's FANTASTIC!!! finished roasting 15mins ago, and it's already half gone... lesson learnt, do this only when you're alone... Razz

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 P1010011

my broiler temp control is vague, cannot set accurately. it almost burnt, so I had to cut short the course, the top not so nice looking...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 27, 2011 1:18 am

Fresh wrote:MO, it's FANTASTIC!!! finished roasting 15mins ago, and it's already half gone... lesson learnt, do this only when you're alone... Razz

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 P1010011

my broiler temp control is vague, cannot set accurately. it almost burnt, so I had to cut short the course, the top not so nice looking...

Skin not good, not crispy, sort of hard, right? You need to brush on vinegar prior to roasting, oven setting, 200-220C, 50-60mins.
say approximately 15-20mins before the time is up, using a sharp prick, poke the skin, (top) as many times as you wish, this is to release the oil form the skin, then sprinkle salt on the top (not too much, but cover the surface) then roast at a higher temperature, 250C for 15-20mins, The skin WILL bubble up like blisters, for a regular oven, GRILL function, 12-15mins is more then enough, slight charring, which you can scrap off with a sharp knife after. Slicing will be 10-15mins AFTER roasting, to allow the meat to rest.

Cooking is not an art form, but a science. You fuck it up and it's a chemical reaction. And yes, I topped my Chemistry and Physic papers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 27, 2011 1:25 am

I'm stopping my roast pork for a while. Man, I'm getting so damn JerLat eating roast pork. BLAH!
Not like I roast it everyday, sort of need a change. I got a new menu up my sleeve, this I will NEVER share here,
because as all of you know, plus CBS, I'm going to start my cafe when I stop working in my present job, don't know when and don't want to let it bother or fuck up my life either. Sort of a Que Sara sara attitude, do what I can today, and well...it's been a long journey for me and my wife, good things never last, then again, better things can come out of a bad situation, Used to be a pessimist, because you will never know the outcome of any mission, regardless of how good a plan A/B or C you have, situations can take for the worse, so I was ALWAYS prepared.

Anyhow, it's a totally different form of fried rice with a twist, really high fat. I'll not say further. Any other things you guys want to know how to cook, please let me know, I'd be more then willing to list out the SOPs. BTW CBS, my coconut cake...KILLER lah! One SLICE, whole day no need makan liow! Wahahahahahaha! lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recipes for Paleo and low carb diet.  - Page 2 Empty Simple meal for all.

Post  Admin Fri May 27, 2011 5:08 am

I was in somewhat of a hurry this morning, norm is, I don't take breakfast, so decided to do so today,
fearing I MIGHT get hungry later. 3 hard boiled eggs, one can, Ayam Brand coconut Cream.
Totally awesome. As of now, typing, no mood to eat. Will be ready for my fried rice tonight though.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next