PALEO AND LOW CARB LIFESTYLE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying out a nut diet.

+4
chickenbackside
RoyalFlush
king
piyopico
8 posters

Go down

Trying out a nut diet. Empty Trying out a nut diet.

Post  piyopico Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

Got myself lots of nuts, mostly macademia, pecan(heavenly), hazel, walnut and almond. All at least 60% fat.

Easy when not cooking, just munch on them ................ will try to experiment by making soup with them like chinese dessert without the sugar of course.

Very Happy

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Trying out a nut diet. Empty Re: Trying out a nut diet.

Post  king Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 am

ok, wait for ur reply soon

king

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:02 pm

One thing I can tell you is that I shit like heaven. Less than one minute all out.
Very Happy

However will take walnut off the list after I finish the 1 kg. It has more polyunsaturated than monounsaturated compared to the others in my list. In order of preference will be macadamia, hazelnut, pecan and almond.

The pecan taste like coffee caramel cookies after baking for about 4-5 mins on 240 degrees. Really heavenly like famous Amos. Crunchy and taste the best amongst them all.

Have a chart on all the nuts. How do I post it?

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalFlush Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am

Where do you normally get your nuts?
Normally go to the dried food wholesale shop 'golden horse' above the bugis hawker centre. Only bought raw macadamias. Priced at $30/kg. Used to be $28/kg before the last CNY.
Usually asked them to seal separately in packs of 500g to retain the freshness. Eat them raw.

RoyalFlush

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:53 am

Ya, tink itz the same place. I go level 3 above the hawker centre. Macadamia nuts is $32 per kg now but the guy claims it is better than those selling at less than $30. You should try the pecan. They really taste great after a quick roast.

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:17 am

Erm, why?

Nuts are full of carbs, omega 6 fats (which we should try to to keep as low as possible), lectins...etc.

There are much better things to eat.

A handful with your yoghurt or coconut milk is fine, but making them the main focus of your diet doesn't seem to make any sense to me leh...

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalFlush Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 am

Compare to the rest of the nuts, macadamias have the highest saturated fats and lowest polyunsaturated fats and lowest carb.
I will just stick to macadamias.
Polyunsaturated fats are in the realms of margarines and vegetable cooking oils right? then it's a a big no no. Especially if you want design a diet around them. Just my thoughts..

Pecan :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3129/2

Almond :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3087/2

Walnut :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3138/2

Macadamia :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3124/2

RoyalFlush

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:12 am

chickenbackside wrote:Erm, why?

Nuts are full of carbs, omega 6 fats (which we should try to to keep as low as possible), lectins...etc.

A handful with your yoghurt or coconut milk is fine, but making them the main focus of your diet doesn't seem to make any sense to me leh...

Just using to supplement my diet now. Maybe 100gm a day. All nuts too tiring for my teeth.

They are pretty high fat, at least 60% and above. The carb looks high but I think most of it is fibre which they count as carb, unless I am wrong. Overall should be less than 6-7% carb.

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:17 am

RoyalFlush wrote:Compare to the rest of the nuts, macadamias have the highest saturated fats and lowest polyunsaturated fats and lowest carb.
I will just stick to macadamias.
Polyunsaturated fats are in the realms of margarines and vegetable cooking oils right? then it's a a big no no. Especially if you want design a diet around them. Just my thoughts..

Pecan :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3129/2

Almond :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3087/2

Walnut :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3138/2

Macadamia :
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3124/2

Ya eating Mac nuts and trying out the rest.

Good source of food when I am busy and in places where I cannot find the food that I want. The carb percentage does baffle me. It seems to be pretty low carb food, similar to fresh milk. Fibre may count as carb but I believe it does not get broken down and is passed out of our system thereby making shitting such easy business.

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  xtrocious Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 am

piyopico wrote:
chickenbackside wrote:Erm, why?

Just using to supplement my diet now. Maybe 100gm a day. All nuts too tiring for my teeth.

They are pretty high fat, at least 60% and above. The carb looks high but I think most of it is fibre which they count as carb, unless I am wrong. Overall should be less than 6-7% carb.

I agree with CBS...

A handful is fine but 100g per day is more than just a snack...

By the way, if you eat clean and wholesome food, you should not have the urge to snack Laughing

xtrocious

Back to top Go down

Post  LookingBusy Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 am

I eat lots of nuts everyday, more than 200gms of macadamias specfically. They are only the source of snacks i have now already, and it's a habit to have them after my meals Crying or Very sad I will console myself that it's definitely better than having a bag of potato chips.

LookingBusy

Back to top Go down

Post  xtrocious Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

LookingBusy wrote:I eat lots of nuts everyday, more than 200gms of macadamias specfically. They are only the source of snacks i have now already, and it's a habit to have them after my meals Crying or Very sad I will console myself that it's definitely better than having a bag of potato chips.

Hmm...if you up your fats intake during your meals, you should be able to gradually reduce your urge to snack Laughing

xtrocious

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:51 am

xtrocious wrote:
LookingBusy wrote:I eat lots of nuts everyday, more than 200gms of macadamias specfically. They are only the source of snacks i have now already, and it's a habit to have them after my meals Crying or Very sad I will console myself that it's definitely better than having a bag of potato chips.

Hmm...if you up your fats intake during your meals, you should be able to gradually reduce your urge to snack Laughing

I have been off track for 2 months, travelling, lack of sleep, busy schedules. Back 3-5 days then I'm off again on my next flight.
added 10kgs. Smile Bought 10 bags of macadamias when I was in Perth, last week, WooHoo!

Admin
Admin

https://paleolifestyle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LookingBusy Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:48 am

xtrocious wrote:

Very true, but i can't really bear to eat too much fats as you guys. I basically go for the meat first then the fats if i'm not feeling full enough. But then, snacking has been a habit of mine since young, cannot change la Very Happy

LookingBusy

Back to top Go down

Post  LookingBusy Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 am

Admin wrote:
xtrocious wrote:

I have been off track for 2 months, travelling, lack of sleep, busy schedules. Back 3-5 days then I'm off again on my next flight.
added 10kgs. Smile Bought 10 bags of macadamias when I was in Perth, last week, WooHoo!

Best nuts on earth!

LookingBusy

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalFlush Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 am

LookingBusy wrote:
xtrocious wrote:

Very true, but i can't really bear to eat too much fats as you guys. I basically go for the meat first then the fats if i'm not feeling full enough. But then, snacking has been a habit of mine since young, cannot change la Very Happy

Don't say it so early Smile It can be changed. I used to snack on macadamias but now I take strictly 3 meals a day. I stopped snacking 2 months ago. It's not deliberate, it just happens.
On a side note, this month is my anniversary on low Carb.

RoyalFlush

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Decided liao.

Only macadamai nuts worth eating. Gonna skip the rest.

Have to chew on some cos I work at nite and my office got nothing to eat, I cant be bringing butter to office. As I type, still in office lor.

What a Face

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:16 am

Albert Complex store name is "99" best price for macadamia nuts, wrt to your all nut diet, I went on a higher nut ratio and ended no wiser with my ass spitting blood, stool too hard. I still lost weight folks, but have gone back to my all fat meals now. BTW, I know all of you will bitch, but one day a week, I eat normal foods, and then go back to high fat, noted even at my age, I kind of end up with a higher metabolic burn rate then usual. No joke folks.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:55 am

just went to albert complex yesterday and bought some macadamia nuts - they go for $30 per kg! pistachios seem to be cheaper here too - 500g for $8. the usual at NTUC is 400g for $9 plus.

main reason for going is the wild boar meat at the hawker centre ... Smile

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:23 am

gz0707 wrote:just went to albert complex yesterday and bought some macadamia nuts - they go for $30 per kg! pistachios seem to be cheaper here too - 500g for $8. the usual at NTUC is 400g for $9 plus.

main reason for going is the wild boar meat at the hawker centre ... Smile

WHERE?????

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 am

bro, shd be albert centre or hawker centre, not complex (that is OG). 3rd floor, just above the food centre where they sell whole sale for mushrooms and stuff.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:00 pm

gz0707 wrote:bro, shd be albert centre or hawker centre, not complex (that is OG). 3rd floor, just above the food centre where they sell whole sale for mushrooms and stuff.
No lah, the nuts one I know, I go to 99 store. I meant the wild boar meat.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:55 am

same place - on ground floor of Albert Centre at Rochor area - but I don't rem the stall number. its close to the lift ... if u will ask me if its real wild boar, oso dunno ... my father in law just like ...

look for a corner stall selling stewed pork and mixed pork innard soup.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:43 pm

gz0707 wrote:same place - on ground floor of Albert Centre at Rochor area - but I don't rem the stall number. its close to the lift ... if u will ask me if its real wild boar, oso dunno ... my father in law just like ...

look for a corner stall selling stewed pork and mixed pork innard soup.

Like that mai chiek better.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down