PALEO AND LOW CARB LIFESTYLE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Machine

4 posters

Go down

Coffee Machine Empty Coffee Machine

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:15 am

I'm looking it replace my 1 million years old expresso machine Krups 988. I know there is a coffee connoisseur here drunken can give some recommendations on a nice replacement? thanks. Wink

Back to top Go down

Coffee Machine Empty Re: Coffee Machine

Post  chickenbackside Mon May 30, 2011 8:14 am

MO, your area...

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30, 2011 8:32 am

Fresh wrote:I'm looking it replace my 1 million years old expresso machine Krups 988. I know there is a coffee connoisseur here drunken can give some recommendations on a nice replacement? thanks. Wink

Who you asking or referring this to?

Admin
Admin

https://paleolifestyle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30, 2011 8:32 am

chickenbackside wrote:MO, your area...

Err...Bro. me only lim kopi leh. cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 8:46 am

Admin wrote:
Fresh wrote:I'm looking it replace my 1 million years old expresso machine Krups 988. I know there is a coffee connoisseur here drunken can give some recommendations on a nice replacement? thanks. Wink

Who you asking or referring this to?

Boss, there can only be one.... you I was referring to, asking-wise, any one who has a suggestion What a Face

I was thinking of one with a built-in grinder, easy to clean. most likely usage on weekends only. I'm not familiar with the brands.... that's why I'm asking for recommendations. silent

any suggestions welcome... thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

Fresh wrote:
Boss, there can only be one.... you I was referring to, asking-wise, any one who has a suggestion What a Face
I was thinking of one with a built-in grinder, easy to clean. most likely usage on weekends only. I'm not familiar with the brands.... that's why I'm asking for recommendations. silent
any suggestions welcome... thanks!

KNS, wanna ask me, ask lah, peek round the bush. like Bollywood love story like that, round and round coconut tree. BTW guys, three weeks no coconut at NTUC, DAMN!

Ok, back to ah Fresh's question. With built in grinder, my advise, DON'T buy, reason, very very simple. If by any half fuck mistake, you pour water into the grinder, and it IS possible, not that I have done it, but the grinder and the water refill holes are side by side, anyone can make a mistake, and you pour water into the bean refill, there goes your machine, you cannot repair it, coffee oils and water make a very good bond.

You want fully automatic or semi? Local market, honestly CMI, very limited models to choose from, and all very flimsy.
I can give you models, but I need to know what sort of coffee you wanna make. Serious shit or well....something to wet your whistle with.
Sorry Bert, I'm very very anal when it comes to issues I know very well about. Details being my specifics. You know, I told you, from teh bean to the roast to the profile to the time, grinding size, extraction.

Your skill level, latte, cuppacino, espresso.......don't giev a damn, steamed milk, relaly micro bubble steamed milk, boh chap can drink steamed milk??

Last of all, budget.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 9:34 am

1st off, my Shop n Save here also long long no Ayam Coconut cream in a can... Sad

I drink coffee black. no other styles entertained. no one else is interested. thank goodness.

umm I'm no professional barista, but on my Krups 988, it's a manual process tamping to 'extraction' (never used this word with coffee before...) . It does not have a built-in grinder, and I used ground coffee (cos I didn't buy a grinder). I can live without a built-in (or can buy separate) if there are those disadvantages... Smile

I'm not a connoisseur either, as long as it smells great and kicks ass. triple shot, usually Americano.

Budget? Hmm, hoping to make it a 'feature' in the house. But as per Singaporean style, value for money is hoped for... I don't know the prices...

Manual also boleh, less hassle, and breakdowns perhaps?

Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 am

Aiya, go buy those pod machine lah since you not so particular. MO's standard is anal kind.

I using those coffee pods that are sealed individually in a vacuum pack. When I need, just use the machine to make my latte and pod in the coffee bag to steam a shot. Better than those nespresso. My Lina machine not expensive, 3 or 4 hundred bucks and the coffe pod(Izzo) thingy comes in 100 bags and cost S$80. Buy two got $5 discount per bag.

End result? About coffeebean/starbuck standard. MO sure say not good enough. pig pig pig

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 12:46 pm

I did think about the Nespresso Pixie, it's not too bad, but no, it not as good a cup of coffee as it can get!!! I'm drinking that in the office daily, lungos and ristrettos... but I bastardize the coffee Razz by adding water sometimes....

so I was thinking during the weekends, maybe I should kick back and really enjoy myself en mi casa... so that I don't have to go trooping out just to find some coffee! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Fresh wrote:I did think about the Nespresso Pixie, it's not too bad, but no, it not as good a cup of coffee as it can get!!! I'm drinking that in the office daily, lungos and ristrettos... but I bastardize the coffee Razz by adding water sometimes....

so I was thinking during the weekends, maybe I should kick back and really enjoy myself en mi casa... so that I don't have to go trooping out just to find some coffee! Smile

Not referring to Nesspresso pod.

The ones I brew is in a dry pod. Basically the coffee powder is compressed and you put the pod in a steam press to get an expresso shot. Got gadget to make latte too.

See this website. The guy delivers the pods to your house. Per shot about $0.60
http://coffee.pantryguy.com/?p=1

I used Izzo pod (Italian) ane Mr Coffee (Malaysian) pod. Got others too but I stick to these two.

Cheap and good, and the company offers to buy the machine back at $100 if you dun wan it. But cannot compare to MO standard hor.............

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 am

Fresh wrote:1st off, my Shop n Save here also long long no Ayam Coconut cream in a can... Sad Giant IMM got. LOADS!

I drink coffee black. no other styles entertained. no one else is interested. thank goodness.

umm I'm no professional barista, but on my Krups 988, it's a manual process tamping to 'extraction' (never used this word with coffee before...) . It does not have a built-in grinder, and I used ground coffee (cos I didn't buy a grinder). I can live without a built-in (or can buy separate) if there are those disadvantages... Smile

I'm not a connoisseur either, as long as it smells great and kicks ass. triple shot, usually Americano.

Budget? Hmm, hoping to make it a 'feature' in the house. But as per Singaporean style, value for money is hoped for... I don't know the prices...

Embarassed

If you're the only one drinking, then why not just buy a siphon coffee machine instead? Because you see, you're not making latte, cuppchinos, freps etc... just plain tall black. So why bother with a machine for? I have the siphon machine, in my home, well...others as well...simple to use, no tampering, whatsoever. I'll make you an offer, you want, you come over my place and take a look for yourself. Your choice. Mine is like 30yrs old. Only thing you NEED change is the filter paper, everytime you use it, and that is also DIRT cheap. Fuck the nespresso crap, pods etc.. yes, I'm very anal when it comes to coffee, because I demand the best for myself and my family. You never tasted GOOD coffee till you tasted GOOD coffee.

Coffee Machine Coffee-siphon

I'm very very sure, this will suit your need to a good fit. Grinder, well...regular burr grinder will do just fine.
Beans.....if you want, you can BUY them off me, freshly roasted, or, Starbucks, Coffee/Tea etc....
btw, this machine is not only for one, you can select for more cups, top and bottom glass bigger size only.
If you're sure, family will not drink, then go for a 2-3 cuppa, water and coffee grind quantity you control.
I'll teach you how to use this to brew. Sold in Taka.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 am

Fresh wrote:

Embarassed

BTW, no breakdowns, price wise won't break the piggy bank either, no more then $200+ depending on the cup serving.
Plus, good for chilling out, spirit flame burner, watching the water heat up, brewing etc... I do this once in a while too.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 2:40 am

piyopico wrote:
Aiya, go buy those pod machine lah since you not so particular. MO's standard is anal kind.

I using those coffee pods that are sealed individually in a vacuum pack. When I need, just use the machine to make my latte and pod in the coffee bag to steam a shot. Better than those nespresso. My Lina machine not expensive, 3 or 4 hundred bucks and the coffe pod(Izzo) thingy comes in 100 bags and cost S$80. Buy two got $5 discount per bag.

End result? About coffeebean/starbuck standard. MO sure say not good enough. pig pig pig

Not insulting you Piyopico, Pods are NEVER fresh, and Pods are made using lower grade beans, mixed with robusta. Thus cheaper in price.
The pods are sealed no more then 24hrs from production, then again, GROUND beans only last well if used within 1hr after being ground.
Without knowledge of the product, coffee is just coffee, without having tasted good coffee, everything that is black, watery, gives off some smell, bitter in taste... is good. It snot the "Not good enough" it's why pay so much for SHIT, beans left in the open, lost it's flavor, full of bad caffeine? What you pay at Starbucks etc.. is like 10 times more for a good, freshly roasted cup of espresso. You will NEVER see coffee oil as you should see. Everything is by a press of a button, even the manual coffee outside is fucks, because it's so commercialized, they're only concerned about numbers and getting your money out of your hand for the cup they made. And I'm dead serious. I dare challenge my cuppa with anyone. CBS has taken my coffee before and he will know better what's good and what's not. I don't brag.

I dare tell you one thing, what the outside lack and what I have, they will NEVER have. PASSION. I have passion in what I do, it's not the money only it's the passion. Without, everything else is ...............

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 am

Fresh wrote:I did think about the Nespresso Pixie, it's not too bad, but no, it not as good a cup of coffee as it can get!!! I'm drinking that in the office daily, lungos and ristrettos... but I bastardize the coffee Razz by adding water sometimes....

Lungos is like "dirty water" Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 am

piyopico wrote:

Not referring to Nesspresso pod.

The ones I brew is in a dry pod. Basically the coffee powder is compressed and you put the pod in a steam press to get an expresso shot. Got gadget to make latte too.

See this website. The guy delivers the pods to your house. Per shot about $0.60
http://coffee.pantryguy.com/?p=1

I used Izzo pod (Italian) ane Mr Coffee (Malaysian) pod. Got others too but I stick to these two.

Cheap and good, and the company offers to buy the machine back at $100 if you dun wan it. But cannot compare to MO standard hor.............

Not much difference from pods, really. The machine is nothing full of plastic tubes inside. Hot water and plastic??...... Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 am

... Exclamation I remember those...

ok Let me research! thanks. btw, using this siphon, does it produce the crema 'the layer of foam' still? i like that best... i actually thought that only pressure/heat will get that out, like in espressos..

your 30yr siphon ah... towkay, you better treasure it ok... want to find also cannot anymore, then u regret.

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Tue May 31, 2011 5:08 am

Admin wrote:
piyopico wrote:

Not insulting you Piyopico, Pods are NEVER fresh, and Pods are made using lower grade beans, mixed with robusta. Thus cheaper in price.
The pods are sealed no more then 24hrs from production, then again, GROUND beans only last well if used within 1hr after being ground.
Without knowledge of the product, coffee is just coffee, without having tasted good coffee, everything that is black, watery, gives off some smell, bitter in taste... is good. It snot the "Not good enough" it's why pay so much for SHIT, beans left in the open, lost it's flavor, full of bad caffeine? What you pay at Starbucks etc.. is like 10 times more for a good, freshly roasted cup of espresso. You will NEVER see coffee oil as you should see. Everything is by a press of a button, even the manual coffee outside is fucks, because it's so commercialized, they're only concerned about numbers and getting your money out of your hand for the cup they made. And I'm dead serious. I dare challenge my cuppa with anyone. CBS has taken my coffee before and he will know better what's good and what's not. I don't brag.

I dare tell you one thing, what the outside lack and what I have, they will NEVER have. PASSION. I have passion in what I do, it's not the money only it's the passion. Without, everything else is ...............

Wait, I semi retire then go enjoy these stuff. I will consult you on drinking these finer stuff in life. Cannot get hooked now leh. Too many fine things in life ........ Whiskey, gourmet beef, coffee, etc etc.

lol! lol! lol!

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 am

good grief... there's a lot to siphons as well! read until headache...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Fresh wrote:... Exclamation I remember those...

ok Let me research! thanks. btw, using this siphon, does it produce the crema 'the layer of foam' still? i like that best... i actually thought that only pressure/heat will get that out, like in espressos..

your 30yr siphon ah... towkay, you better treasure it ok... want to find also cannot anymore, then u regret.

Crema is very subjective, how much of a crema do you want? if drinking americano, i'd say you honestly dont need to bother, there will be, some what of bubbling, foam, big bubbles, crema that is like think steamed micro bubble foam, no. Taste wise, still beats the shit out of any pod, nescafe, instant what have you. Like I said, you want, come over Sunday morning. RSVP. My kids will be leaving town for Japan/Taiwan.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 12:37 pm

piyopico wrote:

Wait, I semi retire then go enjoy these stuff. I will consult you on drinking these finer stuff in life. Cannot get hooked now leh. Too many fine things in life ........ Whiskey, gourmet beef, coffee, etc etc.

lol! lol! lol!

I'll have you know one thing, when you have people preparing stuff for you, prices increase, cost goes up.
when you DIY all on your own, you have complete control of what goes in, how its done, when its done, total freshness. My coffee starts off as green beans, I buy them from a importer, direct, roast them myself, grind, tamper, extract. The taste is never the same, after.

BTW, I USED to make my own "moonshine" SUM SU, wine used for women who just gave birth, confinement period. Made for my wife, no one helped us when we had kids, all was done by MOI. sunny

my grannies, aunties all gone, me and her against the world. Is there anything I DON'T know.....well....
some and more. geek I even know how to "scrape the wind" KOW SIAN for women. My wife and sister, in very bad health, I will do it on their backs, using medicated oil, rub onto the back, using a ceramic spoon, scrape the back, specific points, and have to control your pressure. affraid

My ex team boys, their wives doing confinement, also kana. I even challenge some of their mothers to cooking liver, kidney in fried ginger etc.. kekekekeke....... cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Fresh wrote:good grief... there's a lot to siphons as well! read until headache...

nothing difficult, don't dwell on complexity, KISS, keep it simple, stupid. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Admin wrote:
piyopico wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

I'll have you know one thing, when you have people preparing stuff for you, prices increase, cost goes up.
when you DIY all on your own, you have complete control of what goes in, how its done, when its done, total freshness. My coffee starts off as green beans, I buy them from a importer, direct, roast them myself, grind, tamper, extract. The taste is never the same, after.

BTW, I USED to make my own "moonshine" SUM SU, wine used for women who just gave birth, confinement period. Made for my wife, no one helped us when we had kids, all was done by MOI. sunny

my grannies, aunties all gone, me and her against the world. Is there anything I DON'T know.....well....
some and more. geek I even know how to "scrape the wind" KOW SIAN for women. My wife and sister, in very bad health, I will do it on their backs, using medicated oil, rub onto the back, using a ceramic spoon, scrape the back, specific points, and have to control your pressure. affraid

My ex team boys, their wives doing confinement, also kana. I even challenge some of their mothers to cooking liver, kidney in fried ginger etc.. kekekekeke....... cheers

You make your own weapons or not?

lol!

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:27 pm

piyopico wrote:
Admin wrote:
piyopico wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

lol!

I got a long waiting list, what you want? lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 pm

is this weapons, liver or coffee thread? sibeh confused ...

i drink instant kopi, got sth simple or not? i noe sure kena blast for asking one ... lol

maybe shd not ask here!

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  chickenbackside Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:14 pm

piyopico wrote:

lol!

Eh, his bicep are the size of volleyballs.

You sure you want to see his weapon?

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:19 pm

chickenbackside wrote:
piyopico wrote:

lol!

Oh ya, I forgot.

His lethal weapon later come out and kill all in sight..........

lol!

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 pm

gz0707 wrote:is this weapons, liver or coffee thread? sibeh confused ...

i drink instant kopi, got sth simple or not? i noe sure kena blast for asking one ... lol

maybe shd not ask here!

How come liver oso come out?

lol!

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 pm

aiyo, the volleyball man say one mah ... lol

"My ex team boys, their wives doing confinement, also kana. I even challenge some of their mothers to cooking liver, kidney in fried ginger etc.. kekekekeke....... cheers"

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 am

gz0707 wrote:is this weapons, liver or coffee thread? sibeh confused ...

maybe shd not ask here!

Got, don't drink lor. cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 am

chickenbackside wrote:
piyopico wrote:

lol!

WEI!! Exclamation

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:08 am

piyopico wrote:
chickenbackside wrote:
piyopico wrote:

lol!

Oh ya, I forgot.

His lethal weapon later come out and kill all in sight..........

lol!

I no lethal weapon. I very gentle person one. tongue

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:10 am

gz0707 wrote:aiyo, the volleyball man say one mah ... lol

"My ex team boys, their wives doing confinement, also kana. I even challenge some of their mothers to cooking liver, kidney in fried ginger etc.. kekekekeke....... cheers"

KNS, volleyball man. Razz
Confinement makan one lah, rice wine, dry fried ginger, sesame oil, liver, kidney! Wah! Smell also buay tahan! cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 am

Coffee Machine Coffee10

can't wait for the weekend... need to go buy some butane...

hey MO, where to buy green coffee beans ah?

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 pm

looks like a science experiment...

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Fresh wrote:Coffee Machine Coffee10

can't wait for the weekend... need to go buy some butane...

hey MO, where to buy green coffee beans ah?

I use spirit burner not butane, you're boiling water, not roasting a pig.
Green beans for what? You got a roaster? I import in.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:32 am

Ah... Ok. Next time then. Now just play with it... Heheh... Nice, but different from expresso style...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Fresh wrote:Ah... Ok. Next time then. Now just play with it... Heheh... Nice, but different from expresso style...

ESPRESSO NOT EXPRESSO.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum