PALEO AND LOW CARB LIFESTYLE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My journey

+2
chickenbackside
gz0707
6 posters

Go down

My journey Empty My journey

Post  gz0707 Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 am

This is my thread of weight loss, a record of sorts if you will. 4th week into the diet, I am beginning to see some results finally. managed to hit 88.3kg (haven't seen this number for a while!). i am also trying out some menus or meats recommended by bros here, eg the shabu shabu meats. its still too early for me to go Whoa! yet, maybe if i hit 86 or even 85kg, it will be a psychological breakthrough! Thanks to CBS, i am cautiously buying new clothes... even getting sizes abit tight! a good problem, no doubt!

the journey continues ...

gz0707

Back to top Go down

My journey Empty Re: My journey

Post  chickenbackside Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:58 am

Congrats bro!

As long as you are committed, I see no reason why you cannot hit 80kg or less in 6 months. Just shut off the fat storing mechanism and turn on the fat burning mechanism, and just watch your pants literally drop on the floor.

chickenbackside

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 am

gz0707 wrote:This is my thread of weight loss, a record of sorts if you will. 4th week into the diet, I am beginning to see some results finally. managed to hit 88.3kg (haven't seen this number for a while!). i am also trying out some menus or meats recommended by bros here, eg the shabu shabu meats. its still too early for me to go Whoa! yet, maybe if i hit 86 or even 85kg, it will be a psychological breakthrough! Thanks to CBS, i am cautiously buying new clothes... even getting sizes abit tight! a good problem, no doubt!

I always say this, "whatever you do, just don't give up!" 4 weeks of work, down the drain. Up your training, you'll see results even faster.

Admin
Admin

https://paleolifestyle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks CBS, MO! Hope to achieve better results to show the immediate family. I can see them struggling with cholesterol medications and doctors' advice which do not improve on the current conditions. The persuasion will be much easier once my weight drops and HBP decreases. But i have started my wife on this too. She is also fed up with trying everything else and nothing seems to work for her. It's also easier to have company on the journey too.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:26 am

gz0707 wrote:Thanks CBS, MO! Hope to achieve better results to show the immediate family. I can see them struggling with cholesterol medications and doctors' advice which do not improve on the current conditions. The persuasion will be much easier once my weight drops and HBP decreases. But i have started my wife on this too. She is also fed up with trying everything else and nothing seems to work for her. It's also easier to have company on the journey too.

One thing I have to say to you is, don't push yourself too hard, some of us cannot take the pressure and snap back,
resulting in a burnout. So eat right, and train well, if you can, train hard, only if you can. Most important of all, sleep well!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 am

gz0707 wrote:This is my thread of weight loss, a record of sorts if you will. 4th week into the diet, I am beginning to see some results finally. managed to hit 88.3kg (haven't seen this number for a while!). i am also trying out some menus or meats recommended by bros here, eg the shabu shabu meats. its still too early for me to go Whoa! yet, maybe if i hit 86 or even 85kg, it will be a psychological breakthrough! Thanks to CBS, i am cautiously buying new clothes... even getting sizes abit tight! a good problem, no doubt!

Aim for about a drop of 2-3 kg a month.

If you add in exercise (go with HIIT) no problem losing another extra 1 kg.

My only advice is you gotto cook MOST of your meals. That is half the battle won oredi.

Go Go Go!

Very Happy

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 am

piyopico wrote:

Aim for about a drop of 2-3 kg a month.

If you add in exercise (go with HIIT) no problem losing another extra 1 kg.

My only advice is you gotto cook MOST of your meals. That is half the battle won oredi.

Go Go Go!

Very Happy

I cook until sometimes I also sian liow. My gym sessions are the purest form of torture, and I still have to pick myself off the floor to go home to cook and prepare meals, not only for myself, meals for my family and also my cats! My cats eat raw meat, so I have to dish out the sliced meat from my chiller and let it get down to room temperature, if not, I'll be at the chopping board, slicing, then cooking for my family, dinner.
Morning got to wake up early again to prepare breakfast for all, plus being a barista waiting for orders on how each of them want their coffee.
Then it's feeding the cats again, and off to work. Let me say this, if no time to even cook for yourself, I'd say that is total bullshit! And I go home after gym, not cooking simple meals like fried eggs and fish! So if MO can do it, so can you! cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalFlush Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 am

Hello fellow practitioner!
A few suggestions from me. You may want to try pork belly pan fried in unsalted anchor butter. Fast and easy to prepare. Eat them with pan fried eggs most mornings. Not tired of this combination for months (for me lah).
Sometimes i will get large whole salmon from Giant hypermart, ask the staff there to prep and cut to smaller pieces. Usually will last me about a week for breakfast and dinner steam or pan fried with steam brocoli for sides. Very Happy

RoyalFlush

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:07 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:Hello fellow practitioner!
A few suggestions from me. You may want to try pork belly pan fried in unsalted anchor butter. Fast and easy to prepare. Eat them with pan fried eggs most mornings. Not tired of this combination for months (for me lah).
Sometimes i will get large whole salmon from Giant hypermart, ask the staff there to prep and cut to smaller pieces. Usually will last me about a week for breakfast and dinner steam or pan fried with steam brocoli for sides. Very Happy

Hey, who are you lah, identify before I knock you off. Ask you twice no reply.
We all know who each other are, we don't know you lah! Faster, my finger is on the trigger! Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalFlush Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm

'cymagnus' from mcf lah Very Happy

RoyalFlush

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:'cymagnus' from mcf lah Very Happy

Alamak!! Thor I can flush out, sirkali sala. Kekekeke.... Very Happy Very Happy
That's why wonder macham who is Royalflush Mah. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:Hello fellow practitioner!

A bit sayang, pork belly can fry in it's own fat, just put onto hot pan and the fat will slowly come out, then, using the fat, fry your eggs, butter, just eat one slice as is. No waste, more fat.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalFlush Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes! Tried that too. Smile
Oh. One more dish that i love. Squid stuffed with minced pork meat. Can steam and pan fry too.

RoyalFlush

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 am

MO, i am making b/f using mostly bacon and eggs, but for dinner its MIL cooking, so it's not "pure" (cos of oil lah ...) but all the carbo such as rice has been taken out. My in laws are from food business, so they can cook up all the Asian delights in a flash - can u imagine the pain to reject all these home made goodies? hahaha ... but she has been v supportive and been whipping up more meat dishes for me and wife (as we have declared going off rice) - I am a lucky man!

progress so far :
- 88.3 kg morning from 91kg 3-4 wks ago
- waist (still wearing 40" pants)!

i bought a low end Tanita scale which cost abt $88, at least it can indicate kg, pounds, fat levels and others - yes, will also use older pants for furture "fitting"

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 am

somehow royal flush reminds me of someone who went to press the poo to test texture ... lol

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:39 am

Squid I will steam, then pour on sambal balachan with lime juice.
I very rarely take squid, well...almost never now, the squid has some toxin
that I can't take, cause a sharp pain my my spinal nerves.

RoyalFlush wrote:Yes! Tried that too. Smile
Oh. One more dish that i love. Squid stuffed with minced pork meat. Can steam and pan fry too.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 am

Well...try as much as you can to eat as clean as possible to see greater results. Exercise as well. 40" pants! WOW! Most I hit was 36"
weighting machine, fine, later part, you couldn't even be bothered to use it. The mirror is still better.
gz0707 wrote:MO, i am making b/f using mostly bacon and eggs, but for dinner its MIL cooking, so it's not "pure" (cos of oil lah ...) but all the carbo such as rice has been taken out. My in laws are from food business, so they can cook up all the Asian delights in a flash - can u imagine the pain to reject all these home made goodies? hahaha ... but she has been v supportive and been whipping up more meat dishes for me and wife (as we have declared going off rice) - I am a lucky man!

progress so far :
- 88.3 kg morning from 91kg 3-4 wks ago
- waist (still wearing 40" pants)!

i bought a low end Tanita scale which cost abt $88, at least it can indicate kg, pounds, fat levels and others - yes, will also use older pants for furture "fitting"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 am

gz0707 wrote:somehow royal flush reminds me of someone who went to press the poo to test texture ... lol

For me, it was one solid poo, then flush all down. cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 am

Dun forget to cut out the fruits. Just avoid all for now.

As for drinks, go for kosong.

If you like coffee, I suggest you invest in a good machine and make your own cuppa as and when you want. I will only add Pura Pure Cream (45% fat) to my latte for taste. Try it. Taste better than star bucks.

If you prefer tea, stick to Chinese tea. When eating out and you need a cold drink, order the pokka Oolong tea that comes in a can.

Remember that it is also crucial to start building some muscles cos they burn off calories and sort of acts like a self mechanism to control weight. Dun need to go for long jogs now. It will be a torture for your weight.

MO may wanna offer some tips for you based on ur weight and fitness presently?

Very Happy

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 am

Admin wrote:
gz0707 wrote:somehow royal flush reminds me of someone who went to press the poo to test texture ... lol

Talking about poo.

I initially had constipation when I started the diet!
Can you imagine that? Does not seemed right. It was only later that I realized it was due to my diet being predominately high protein rather than high fat. If you talk in mostly meat and cut out the fruits and dun eat enough vege, trust me, you will have problem shitting. I actually bled when pooing. This went away when I tweaked my meals to at least 40% fats.

Now my poo is smooth as silk ................. 2 min job.

Very Happy

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

piyopico wrote:
Admin wrote:

Talking about poo.

I initially had constipation when I started the diet!
Can you imagine that? Does not seemed right. It was only later that I realized it was due to my diet being predominately high protein rather than high fat. If you talk in mostly meat and cut out the fruits and dun eat enough vege, trust me, you will have problem shitting. I actually bled when pooing. This went away when I tweaked my meals to at least 40% fats.

Now my poo is smooth as silk ................. 2 min job.

Very Happy

KNS! Very Happy I poo only every 2 -3 days, cos my food intake is only one meal a day.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 am

Guys,

Able to fit into some older pants, pretty happy! Wanna check if you guys have been feeling heaty whilst starting the diet, what with the baked and fried stuff. I have been feeling a bit heaty and, bordering on falling sick and some LS past few days.

any advice? Thanks...

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:39 am

gz0707 wrote:Guys,

Able to fit into some older pants, pretty happy! Wanna check if you guys have been feeling heaty whilst starting the diet, what with the baked and fried stuff. I have been feeling a bit heaty and, bordering on falling sick and some LS past few days.

any advice? Thanks...

yes, eat coconut cream straight away hot + sweat. LS too yesterday, just a bit. not too worried me, had worse. I'm sweating now just sitting here with the fan and on a rainy Sunday morning!

It struck me, perhaps our fear of heatiness might have just done ourselves in? if heatiness is a sign of the body's metabolism going up, then BURN ON man! Laughing

but for me, not much fried stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 am

Fried stuff?

Most of the food comes in pure oil form like butter and coconut oil/cream. Dun need to deep fry.

If you fry, it is mostly stir fry using lard on vege or fatty meat etc.

Get used to eating steam boat style. Buy all the fatty meat and eat them with steam boat. Fast and easy. Use pre made liquid chicken stock like Heinz etc. Add lots of lard oil and you have a healthy meal. I buy a lot of salmon belly from Giant. It is instant frozen and it is exactly the part I want, with lots of fats. It is aut into strips and you need to scale them but it is damn cheap! Only $6.50 for 500gm. That means you get salmon belly for $13 a kg!!! Eat with shabu shabu pork belly and green vege. Drink the stock after that cos lots of oil will be in it.

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:12 am

Thanks guys, till now I have been mostly frying or baking meats, will try to do a steam boat this week!

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:42 am

now slowly slowly dropping below 88kg, pants now feel looser, even my wife is telling me to stop buying pants for now!

MO, check this out - http://www.lg.com/sg/home-appliance/microwave-oven/LG-convection-MC8088HRC.jsp

this is a 31L twin fan microwave convection over now going for $600 - bang for the buck!

Key Features
* Innovative double convection
* Twin Fan Technology
* Steam Cook
* LED display with tact dial
* Child Lock
* Auto Defrost Menu
* Crispy Cook
* Taste Saver

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:18 am

gz0707 wrote:now slowly slowly dropping below 88kg, pants now feel looser, even my wife is telling me to stop buying pants for now!

MO, check this out - http://www.lg.com/sg/home-appliance/microwave-oven/LG-convection-MC8088HRC.jsp

this is a 31L twin fan microwave convection over now going for $600 - bang for the buck!

Key Features
* Innovative double convection
* Twin Fan Technology
* Steam Cook
* LED display with tact dial
* Child Lock
* Auto Defrost Menu
* Crispy Cook
* Taste Saver

I just bought a new one last week, at BEST, something like this one,
http://www.topofeverything.com/kitchen/microwave-ovens/panasonic-nn-sf550m-new-flat-1000-watt-1-cubic-foot-microwave-oven/

No round tray inside, can grill, bake etc.. $309. the one you mention, was like going for $349, older model.
Didn't have stock, so I'll have to wait, paid up in full, now waiting for them to call me when the stock comes in.
I go home and check the model on the invoice.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:27 am

I'm going to buy an oven too, can advise? pure oven better or combination?

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 am

Fresh wrote:I'm going to buy an oven too, can advise? pure oven better or combination?

Get combination. I still need a microwave, sometimes I get back from the gym late, need to makan fast, microwave to heat up.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 am

Guys make sure you check the functions. It should have grill, microwave and convection. Grill is not enough. If u ask for 3 in 1, they will know what to recommend u.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:55 am

gz0707 wrote:Guys make sure you check the functions. It should have grill, microwave and convection. Grill is not enough. If u ask for 3 in 1, they will know what to recommend u.

Half the time, the sales staff don't even know what the fuck they're talking about themselves, you have to go do your own research.
The one I mentioned, doesn't have a rotating plate, so the internal of the oven is bigger, and you can just place your food on the base itself to roast, grill etc.. of course, plate for steaming. Cooking the traditional way is fine with me, not when I'm pressed for time to reheat all my pre-cooked meals.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:37 am

aiya MO, with your bulging muscles, they scared until pants drop liao. I visited 3 times before i made the purchase. sometimes there is a lau chiau SE, sure to know more and advise better. here's my list for the purchase:

- microwave (usu come with rotating turntable plate too)
- grill - this is similar to BBQ function
- convection oven (can control temp function, some come in 20 degree diff, eg 140, 160 etc)
- this model has some funny can cook hard boil function (w/o exploding)

the harvey norman guys are damn hungry, all giving u hp and asking u to call quick quick. lol

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am

gz0707 wrote:aiya MO, with your bulging muscles, they scared until pants drop liao. I visited 3 times before i made the purchase. sometimes there is a lau chiau SE, sure to know more and advise better. here's my list for the purchase:

- microwave (usu come with rotating turntable plate too)
- grill - this is similar to BBQ function
- convection oven (can control temp function, some come in 20 degree diff, eg 140, 160 etc)
- this model has some funny can cook hard boil function (w/o exploding)

the harvey norman guys are damn hungry, all giving u hp and asking u to call quick quick. lol

No muscles please hor.

The Panasonic I mention is a new technology in Microwave ovens, No rotating plate, yes, no need for one. I will go and find that invoice and let you know the model.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 am

MO, its ok, no need to find - I bought the LG MC 8088 model liao. CFO prefers this model.

Heard u open MO cafe in mcf hoh? hiak hiak hiak

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 pm

gz0707 wrote:MO, its ok, no need to find - I bought the LG MC 8088 model liao. CFO prefers this model.

Heard u open MO cafe in mcf hoh? hiak hiak hiak

I got the Panasonic NN-GF560
https://www.panasonic.com.sg/wps/portal/home/products/homeappliances/kitchenappliances/microwaveoven/microwaveovenwithgrill/nngf560m

Re:MO cafe, it has turned out to be a mistake on my part, mistake for having invited this idiot for coffee, we were going to a coffee and tea exhibition, he had ideas of starting his own cafe, but know nothing about this industry. In short, he wants to self invite himself to my home to learn roasting, brewing etc.. Using my machines and my coffee and milk etc... For...FREE. Thing is, never did I offer to teach, and did mention that is not a overnight thing to learn. My hints were very strong, but I guess he's just too stupid to understand.
My home is MY home and for him to dictate as and when he wants to come over for coffee. Yeah...its a WTF as far as I'm concerned. So enough is enough.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm

be direct lah, at ur age, don't be shy. some pp are thick skin or EQ very low one.

for me, religion is the sensitive point. some frens keep telling me to go church, everyday preach religion (u can already guess from which mega church) until i sibeh tulan. i am staying away form such frens liao, had enuff. if kena again, i will not give face anymore. totally pissed off.

if his intention is commercial tell him for goodness sake go and learn from professionals. want to learn, dun wan pay. pui.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:50 pm

gz0707 wrote:be direct lah, at ur age, don't be shy. some pp are thick skin or EQ very low one.

for me, religion is the sensitive point. some frens keep telling me to go church, everyday preach religion (u can already guess from which mega church) until i sibeh tulan. i am staying away form such frens liao, had enuff. if kena again, i will not give face anymore. totally pissed off.

if his intention is commercial tell him for goodness sake go and learn from professionals. want to learn, dun wan pay. pui.

I did tell him, and showed him industry players who know me. (I also sort of industry player as well)
But he dowan, you saw thread, I roast also wanna put one leg, come my house. Roasting is a very heavily guarded secret among roasters, they will not tell, it takes a lot of work to put blends, roast profiles together, no fucking way am'I going to GIVE all that to him. And this guy can see, when he fucks up, will blame people one. I will fuck him off one... Looks like very soon. I'm never shy, I just i've face first.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:55 pm

btw i used to do kopi marketing too. but instant kind, u sure look me no up ... hahaha.

hey btw, ur microwave has no convection - u dun need it?

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:22 am

gz0707 wrote:btw i used to do kopi marketing too. but instant kind, u sure look me no up ... hahaha.

hey btw, ur microwave has no convection - u dun need it?

Need convection for what? I only use it for heating and now, grilling.
My old sharp from last time, we hardly use it, besides reheating.
convection pay also never use until throw away. I don't like the idea of using the microwave for food,
but like I said, I don't have a choice when it comes to time. So boh pian, if not, I'd steam, or
cook my meals situ.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Still on the diet! progress has been slow comparatively - i lost only about 6 kg in last 2 months. but if its slow and steady, i don't really mind at all.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  piyopico Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:19 pm

gz0707 wrote:Still on the diet! progress has been slow comparatively - i lost only about 6 kg in last 2 months. but if its slow and steady, i don't really mind at all.

OK wat. 3 to 4 kg a month is quite good. Got exercise?

piyopico

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 am

no exercise leh, not like our macho men here - lol

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 am

gz0707 wrote:no exercise leh, not like our macho men here - lol

Lazy fucker. Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:39 pm

u all say no need exercise one mah .... hahaha. Twisted Evil

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:51 pm

gz0707 wrote:u all say no need exercise one mah .... hahaha. Twisted Evil

And you are the one who say slow Mah! : Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

My journey Empty uncured bacon with no nitrate

Post  gz0707 Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:14 am

guys, i forgot which is the thread to post liao - just post in my own thread ...

MMMM now has non-nitrate and uncured bacon from Heritage House (west coast shop) - $12.90 for 1LB.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:55 pm

gz0707 wrote:guys, i forgot which is the thread to post liao - just post in my own thread ...

MMMM now has non-nitrate and uncured bacon from Heritage House (west coast shop) - $12.90 for 1LB.

Bought the whole leg a month back.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gz0707 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 am

after 6 months, i have lost about 10kg, even though its a bit slow. pant size, 2 sizes down! just came across my old health report in year 2000, i was 83.6 kg, now consistently at 81.5kg these few days, so its been quite an achievement, thx to MO, Skunk, CBS and all!

But ... i have also been having some carbo, though not full blown, at dinners, breakfast etc. poor discipline has crept in. u can seen a surge of about 1kg after a naughty day... but the diet on my wife has not worked and she is v unhappy with me losing 10kg and wants to stop losing weight. without much exercise (yes MO going to say lazy fcuker liao), the stress from work and falling sick may have also contribute some to the weight loss, just saying only.

will update again, once i sort things out, ie the meals, and going back to cycling, which has been a while!

btw, its only with actual weight loss that pp start listening to you, about sugars, carbo etc. but most pp are terrified to drop rice from their diets, as if asking them to quit smoking, they just can't do it, mentally.

gz0707

Back to top Go down

Post  king Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 am

keep up the good work!

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: